In Python, as well as other languages, we can write our own functions. Writing functions allows one to name a group of statements that can be executed by calling the function. The benefits of using a function include
- making a program easier to read and debug.
- making a program shorter by eliminating repetitive code.
- making a program easier to change/maintain.
- allowing the programmer to debug in stages, one function at a time.
- allowing code to be re-used in other programs.
The following posts provide details about functions in Python: